Tuesday, April 20, 2010

tilling and waiting

With Shawn's and Lianna's help, I was able to get a nice sized portion of my lawn tilled up to get ready for gardening. My muscles are sore (in a good way) from trying to manage the big beast of a tiller. You are probably wondering, and the answer is "yes" - it has names. The engine's name is Viper, the machine's name is Earthquake, and we just call it Rick - short for Richter. So now that all the sod and mulch and various weeds are "ground" up, it's time to just work it with a hoe and rake and wait. Planting season is SO soon, and then there will be new growth and then a harvest. My soul is in the same place. My heart feels tilled, like something chopped through everything solid, like maybe an earthquake ripped through my soul. But I know it is just tilling season, and the Master Gardener will hoe and rake and will soon plant new seeds and my soul will be green and growing again. I believe that. But right now, I am still sore, physically and spiritually.

2 comments:

  1. You won't believe what thought came to my head last night as I was falling asleep. I'll email you.

    ReplyDelete