Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Committed

If I call myself "committed" it can either mean I have nobly set my heart and mind on accomplishing something, or it can mean someone has forced me into a mental institution. Why do we use the same word for that? I have spent my adult life walking with Jesus. Sometimes I have messed up and slipped off the path but He has faithfully stayed by me and picked up the pieces and makes me strong again. I want to re-commit myself to God's way for me. I want to live the rest of my life as close to His will as I can get, by His power. I know that religious fervor often accompanies mental illness. I don't want to become one of those crazy Christians shouting at no one on the street corner, but I also don't want to be a silent, undercover Christian. I don't know what this will look like, but I am ready to find out all that God has planned for me and do whatever He says. Phil 4:14 "I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward - to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back." Please don't commit me, but I am committed to this.

1 comment:

  1. To the world, this is foolishness. To stand on the street corner yelling at nothing is no less rational than deciding to commit one's life to a dead carpenter (we know He's not dead :} ). So, if this is foolishness, call me a fool. I'd rather be a fool for Christ than a hopeless heart in a cold world. So lock me up with you, sister. I'm ready for the straight jacket.

    ReplyDelete