Wednesday, May 20, 2009

And More Family

Went to Polk City last night to see Hannah, Amy, and Dan. I don't know why it always surprises me to see how fast babies turn into little toddlers, but it does. She changes every time I see her again! Hannah is eating by herself all kinds of big people food...she also walks around in shiny silver flip flops, plays the piano and drums (pan and spoon - makes one of the best drum sounds ever!), and created her own lazy boy out of an outgrown car seat. One thing that doesn't change is her beautiful smile..what a dolly she is! And I got a beautiful framed picture of her for Mother's Day, too!

After checking out how all the vegetation is doing in the yard, we headed over to Sophie's graduation celebration. It was funny and touching at the same time. 3 year olds graduating to the 4's, 4's graduating to Pre-K. They sang (yelled) songs - pretty funny. Only one child cried on stage, everyone else was happy or ecstatic. Sophie stands out like a bright, shining star with her florescent hair, brilliant smile, and bubbly personality. I couldn't take my eyes off of her...except when that one boy was screaming so loud I couldn't think. (hee, hee!)

You might think I only have grandchildren, but no! I also have children, all grown up but always children to me. So here is a little update on what I know - Amy is working on a new business that will use some of her artistic talents, Dan is getting his new boat that he has dreamed of and saved for (Amy made sure it is big enough for all of us), Mel is finding many new opportunites in nursing to apply for and growing by leaps and bounds in her faith (persecution does that), Shawn and Lianna are making room in their house for a bunch of children, and Steve has been spending a lot of time at work and taking care of family and Rosie.

Darrell has applied for several jobs in Iowa City that he is praying for. The ministry process is proving to be very long, so he is looking at jobs that he could enjoy as he is waiting. His two favorites are at Kirkwood and MECCA. Maybe he will even find that the job he takes while waiting will actually BE his new ministry. Who knows? He is so willing to try new things - I like that adventurous spirit!

I am blessed to have a family that loves each other. Thank you, God!


Philippians 2
If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you came last night. I'm also glad you share my joy for baby/toddler/big kid milestones! I'm SO incredibly grateful you are nearby enough to take part in them. We're so thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete