Sunday, May 17, 2009

Family

Having Olivia and Sophie stay with us this weekend has inspired me to start blogging again. Darrell and I get such joy out of seeing the world anew through their eyes. It started with watching Olivia's soccer game. Then we had a great time doing simple things: playing with the pets, picking flowers, having a picnic (Darrell does a great job on the grill!), walking to the playground (just getting there is an adventure), going to TCBY, (Olivia wanted to know what it spelled - I told her Ticbee). We had a great time together just being family. Of course, we are never just people family - this time we were a bird family according to Sophie. We ate our picnic in the top of a tree and flew everywhere we went. I tried to prevent discussion of worms during supper, but not very successfully. We have also been kittens and puppies in the past.
Famous quotes for the weekend:
Sophie: "I am eating my food that is NOT worms."
Olivia, "Have you noticed I am a much quieter person now?" she said as she sat up straight with her hands folded in her lap. I said maybe because she can run off her energy in soccer. She smiled sweetly and quietly said, "No, I have just changed." I was sad for a moment and wanted to say, NO don't ever change! but it was precious, too; of course she will change and grow up. But at 8:30 in the car coming home from eating ice cream, it was as loud and rambunctious as ever with goofy made-up words and laughter and songs. It was wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, you're back!!! Sappy, sentimental mush is all I hope for in a blog, especially from you! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you need is love. Love is all you need. Glad you're back Momma!!!! Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete