Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fire Hazard

College Community School District had their annual visit from the fire marshall this week. At my building, Prairie Crest Elementary, the principal and head custodian have been making it very clear that they expect NO violations, and that we should follow the fire code even when the fire marshall is not expected to come. I was gone the day before he came, so did not receive the final reminders and admonitions. When the fire marshall and his 2 helpers walked in my room, I am sure I turned pale. My room was a disaster! There were piles of care bears, puppets, winter clothes, books, puzzles, and curricula all around the room (the piles were not MIXED, mind you - I do have a tiny bit of organization skills). There was probably no less than 50 various examples of children's art work hanging around the room - gifts from my students that MUST be displayed! My desk had several different piles of papers that I had not yet figured out how to file. OK, you probably get the picture. I was so embarrassed! I spent Saturday afternoon organizing and I feel better about it now, but it is too late as far as being written up as a fire hazard.

While I was at school organizing, Darrell spent the afternoon at Wartburg Seminary moving into his dorm room that he will live in during the week. It is better than a dorm room - actually it is more like a nice hotel room. We are both excited about the journey we are on. It is sometimes hard to let go and trust God for the outcome, but we are growing in that. It is a lot like what I am doing with the book "The Artist's Way", learning to relax, tap into the spiritual part of me, and let it out. Let God control the outcome. I know that God is creative (wow, that was an understatement - He is THE CREATOR); I know a tiny bit of his creative spark is inside of me. I will trust him to fan it into a flame if He wants to. Let the fire marshall write HIM up!

1 comment:

  1. Fire smire. Isn't that what sprinkler systems are for? :)

    ReplyDelete