Saturday, February 6, 2010

kids

Being an elementary school counselor, I spend most of my time with kids. I love them to pieces, but some days get hard - like when kids show signs of being abused and you have to gather information and call DHS and parents - and when kids are throwing huge tantrums and don't care where their fists and feet fly or where their teeth chomp - or when their teachers who are spending too much time with kids and not enough with adults ACT like little children - these are some of the tough things about working with little children. So when it is time to get away from work and get some rest, my first thought is to be with my loving husband in our little cottage and have quiet time alone. After a few hours of peace and quiet, do you know what my heart longs for? My kids and my grandkids. I just can't get enough of those kids!

1 comment:

  1. :) I can totally relate to this! I can't wait for a night out or time away, but when it comes, I just miss the babies!

    ReplyDelete