Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day journal

What a beautiful weekend it was! I need to write it all down so I remember it forever. On Saturday, Darrell (the sweetest sweetheart of ALL sweethearts) and I spent the early morning hours talking over coffee and homemade muffins. Then we took Shawn and Lianna for a drive down Hwy 1 - it was one of those magical, beautiful mornings when the fog leaves a white coat on every little twig...and is there a prettier country road than Hwy1 south of Iowa City? We went just outside Solon to view a little acreage that would be a dream come true - it was fun to imagine how that could maybe be ours. Then we had lunch at Panera and bought tickets to "Valentines Day". Cute movie! I cried twice and laughed often. Then Darrell and I got all dressed up and went to the best restaurant imaginable - The Chef's Table, compliments of Lianna and Shawn. It was "tres magnifique" (too wonderful for English). The food was so amazing! The wine that the sommelier picked out was perfect! (sommelier is a new word for me so I had to use it). I had duck au poivre, heirloom squash salad, and a perfect creme brulee. Darrell had prime rib and onion/oxtail soup followed by a chocolate truffle cake with white chocolate filled rasperries. It was the most delicious meal you can imagine, and the ambience was perfect. All of this was just the right setting to be with the one I adore - the most dashing, hero of a man - the perfect man for me. It was one of those times that felt so perfectly wonderful that you could imagine everyone breaking into a song like in a musical - "An enchanted moment, and it sees me through. It's enough for this restless warrior just to be with you...And can you feel the love tonight....it is where we are". (I am sure there are better love songs from better musicals, but this one speaks to me. Just picture the wide-eyed wanderers as me and Darrell instead of lions). So that was Valentine's day EVE. On Valentine's Day, we went to worship, showing our love to the Source of all Love. We went out to lunch with a dear friend who broke up with her BF this week and tried to cheer her up, then went to an unplanned gathering of lots of family at mom's house. My mother, my first Valentine. Darrell and I had some alone time that evening, then the day ended with an email from Mel, dictating for Sophie and Olivia, thanking me for the electronic cards I sent them. Here is the quote: "Thank you for the painting thing card. I really like it. I like the music. It's so awesome. I want to kiss you. Love you Bam! That's all." From Sophie: "Happy Dog Year. I love you and you are so sweet. I love you. And thank you for the card. Its so doggyish. I wish I could give you a... doggy kiss right now. My dream is coming true right now. Love you Bam!"

3 comments:

  1. "My dream is coming true right now."

    PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you thought not everything could be related back to doggies. :) Mom..so glad your Vday was so wonderful! You deserve the very best and I'm so glad you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made my Valentine's Day perfect too, Jan!
    I truly love you!

    ReplyDelete