Sunday, February 21, 2010

techno-logical

Just want to laud the wisdom and wonders of technology....I have heard complaints about how technology is keeping us from relating on a personal level. I understand the problem of not getting together for face to face human contact, but isn't it wonderful that when you can't have that personal encounter that we can communicate so easily through phone, email, texts, facebook, and chat?(Notice I did not mention twitter - that's just stupid). When Darrell is gone during the week, we can call each other all the time. When he fell on the ice after class, I could talk to him while he was still on the ground! I didn't have to wonder when he would get back to his room to call me. (Mom still thinks I must be home when I call her).

I was disappointed to not be able to go to Des Moines this weekend. I had a great time with my Iowa City folks, but we did want to see the Polk City folks this weekend and it was disappointing to have to cancel due to weather and illness. But I texted with Dan, emailed the Clarks, talked to Olivia on the phone, and chatted on facebook with Dan yesterday and this morning with Mel. I can check everyone's facebook status and look at their pictures. We can play games together (Lexulous, anyone?). I can blog about my feelings now, and may even get a comment back. Three things would make this even better - a blog from Dan , a phone call from Hannah, and Amy to get well enough to do any of the above. Technology is wonderful and will tide me over until we can finally get together. Spring break is coming!

4 comments:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree! Shawn and I were just talking about how some of our best memories/vacations/excursions would never have happened without the ability to get information from the internet quickly.

    And your Twitter comment = hilarious. Twitter is stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Jan; it really means alot to me that we can keep close to each other while I'm in Dubuque all week. I do miss you and I even get homesick a day or two out of the week. Thank you, Jan for teaching me so much about technology and you making all the efforts to stay close to me each day! I love you honey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! I can't wait to see you over SB! And it was great to chat together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were sad that it didn't work out. Technology will hold us over in the meantime but there's nothing like the real thing (I'm old fashioned). :)

    ReplyDelete