Thursday, February 4, 2010

Puzzles

One of the things I like about my job is that I get to solve lots of puzzles, which I enjoy. I love Tetris, and jigsaw puzzles, and scrabble, and now my new favorite, Lexulous. I call the little kiddos I work with "puzzles" when I haven't figured them out yet. Word puzzles are much easier to solve, but not as interesting, and obviously not as rewarding. My children puzzles are precious to me. But some of them, I just don't get. Why does a 3rd grade, intelligent, boy from what appears to be a decent family, bite the arm of another 3rd grader? Why does another little boy apologize incessantly when he has the most beautiful heart and would never dream of doing anything wrong? Why does a girl tell her grandma that she is scared to go to school because she is so afraid of her teacher, but yet the girl keeps trying to get her teacher to "be her friend" on facebook and appears to adore this teacher when she is at school? These are just a few of my little puzzles I could not solve today.

No comments:

Post a Comment